Our History, Vision & Mission
Organized on April 5, 1999 as a nonprofit, tax exempt, publicly supported organization (as described in Section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Service code), the charter organization, named "House of Diamonds Incorporated" (HOD) was formed and registered in Indiana by visionary members* of the Indianapolis Alumni Chapter (IAC) of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. The purpose of HOD was to provide philanthropic local support of the longstanding (circa 1922) national Kappa Guide Right programming, as well as the community development and enrichment activities of the Indianapolis Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, wherever a need existed.
On April 26, 2017, by a unanimous consent of the Board of Directors, the name "House of Diamonds, Incorporated" was changed to "Indiana Guide Right Foundation, Inc." to more accurately reflect the organization's longstanding programmatic focus on youth and community empowerment, .
Our vision is to be the premiere resource providing impactful programming and meaningful services within historically underserved communities. We realize our vision by leveraging individuals and organizations dedicated to achievement in every field of human endeavor to inspire, holistically strengthen and educate at-risk youth.
Our mission is to transform lives and strengthen underserved communities by inspiring youth, especially males, to pursue achievement and make positive contributions to society.
*Charter Organizers of House of Diamonds, Incorporated (HOD):
Charles B. Montgomery, Sr.
Russell Miller, Sr.
El J. Lorthridge, Sr.
Fred Oakley, Jr.
Arthur L. Carter
Charles A. Freeman, Sr.
Charles A. Freeman, Jr.